Govt seized video showing UFO shooting down nuclear missile, former USAF officers claimed

Former USAF officers alleged a UFO shot down a nuclear missile. Pic credit: John Thomas Didymus/AI-generated

Multiple former US Air Force officers have reportedly come forward to share information about an alleged incident in the 1960s involving a UFO aborting a nuclear missile test launch.

The former military men claimed they shot a video showing a saucer-shaped UFO interfering with a test launch by firing energy beams at the missile.

The energy beam allegedly destroyed the missile and aborted the routine test exercise.

Video containing smoking gun UFO evidence went missing

According to former USAF officers Lieutenant Robert “Bob” Jacobs and Major Florenze Mansmann, the alleged bizarre UFO incident occurred on September 15, 1964, at the Vandenberg Air Force Base (now Vandenberg Space Force Base) in Santa Barbara County, California.

Jacobs was an Air Force photographic instrumentation officer at the Vandenberg Air Force Base from 1963 to 1966. He was part of a telescopic camera and high-speed instrumentation team tasked with filming the test launch.

They successfully filmed it and later sat down to watch it with their superiors, including Major Mansmann.

A mysterious disc-shaped UFO appeared in the footage. It fired an energy beam at the missile and damaged it.

Intelligence officials confisicated the video

Shortly afterward, their superiors called them and introduced them to three men in gray suits who turned out to be intelligence officers.

The men were CIA agents. The agency learned about the footage and came to confiscate it. They also warned the officers not to talk about it what they saw.

According to Jacobs and Mansmann, the video went missing after the agents came.

Another UFO incident at Malmstrom Air Force Base

A similar alleged UFO incident occurred in the 1960s at the Malmstrom Air Force Base (AFB), Cascade County, Montana.

Robert Salas was an ICBM launch officer at the base in the 1960s. While he was on duty at the Oscar Flight Launch Control Facility (LCF) section of the base in March 1967, a police guard called to report UFO lights in the sky.

Salas ignored the call because he didn’t believe there was a credible threat. But another guard called minutes later to report an orange-colored UFO hovering over the base.

Salas contacted his superior officer, then Col. Frederick Meiwald. But while briefing him, he noticed that the launch systems had gone strangely haywire. He was still trying to find out what went wrong when the systems controlling ten nuclear warheads shut down mysteriously.

He never saw the UFO because he was underground in the control room. However, he believed the shutdown was due to the presence of the mysterious hovering UFO.

It took him and his crew several hours to rectify the problem and restart the systems. He alleged that USAF investigators later forced him and his superior, Col. Frederick Meiwald, to sign non-disclosure statements.

Notify of

Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x